Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Monday, August 31, 2009

Sawtooth Star - AT LAST!

Hello Fellow Procrastinators,

Lest you think that you are the queens of procrastination, here is the proof that I can out-procrastinate anyone! Below you will see two quilts. One is a Sawtooth Star quilt that Katie made awhile back, and the other is a baby one that I made over the weekend. I LOVE this quilt. I designed it before we opened the shop, and I had patterns for it in the smaller size. After we opened and Katie started quilting, we decided to kit the quilt, and Kate made the larger sample. I was supposed to re-write the pattern and include instructions for both the large and small sizes. Of course, I couldn't just keep it the way it was - I had learned some new tricks, and I wanted to change the pattern a little bit. Now comes the great procrastinator. I started to revise it a half a dozen times. Katie finally got ticked at me last week, and wrote the pattern herself. I quickly put together the little sample to try and redeem myself - and it's really cute. Both kits will be available in the shop, but we will be taking them to Madison, so don't wait too long, I don't think these will last.

Until Tomorrow (which, as you know, never comes),
Carrie a.k.a. The Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment