Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Saturday, August 22, 2009

About Snippet Stew

Hello Pieceful Quilters,

Without going into too much detail - I want to give you a little background on my Snippet Stew patterns. It all started when I wanted to do something with our specialty cuts called snippets. From the beginning, we started cutting 10" squares called snippets. Subsequently, Moda came out with their Layer Cakes, which were also 10" squares. This is a great size to work with, since you can get four nickels (5" squares) or four 2 1/2" x 10" strips - perfect for the scrappy quilts we love at Pieceful Gathering.

Anyway, I started playing with the snippets, using my favorite ruler - the Shape Cut Ruler by June Tailor. I used a variation of the Stack n whatever method to make traditional looking quilts, and I have been doing a new pattern each session ever since.

Here are pictures of the Stews to Date:

The first Stew - Plain Stew - Simple, Easy and Pretty in Classic Blue & White

Plain Stew again, in plaid - also called, "Man Stew" hee-hee
Stew #2 - Regency Stew (the fabric line we used) - A few more cuts and sashing, voila'

Stew #3 - Hot Crossed Stew - love the reds!


Stew #4 - Stew Squared - Still working on this one - needs a little polishing Stew #5 - Jellycake Stew - Takes a Jelly Roll and a Layer Cake
Pattern still in the works - coming sooner (or later) Stew #6A - Stewed at the Cabin - the big one. Traditional Log Cabin blocks cut from snippets.
Scrap Lovers Rejoice! Stew #6B - Snippets in the Wind - so the numbering got a little mixed up. This pattern comes with Mini Stewed at the Cabin Placemats and a Valences made from the extra pieces.

A small version of the first Leftover Stew - A little bit Stewed at the Cabin

The newest Stew #7 - Shoo Fly Stew (American Shoo Fly Pie Variation)
First introduced in this year's Quilt Pink Quilt.
Still working on this one, too. I think it is going to be fab!
Also new - Leftover Stew#2 - Next Day Chili. 1 1/2" finished squares and nine-patches.
How cute is this little guy?
Well - that's all I have right now. I will add more pictures as I get stuff done. I am already working on the next stew, so stay tuned!
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment