Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Monday, December 22, 2008

Quilt History Books

Hi Folks -


As most of you know, part of my obsession includes quilt history, and I collect quilt history books. I am always looking for the State Documentation books, which come out from time to time. These tend to stay in print for a very limited time and become quite collectible once they are out of print. We recently received the 2nd edition of Wisconsin Quilts. It is an excellent book - chock full of beautiful pictures of quilts:



I was also able to get my hands on a few copies of Heritage in Quilts by the Tennessee Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution. It is a compendium of hundreds of quilts owned or made by the TSDAR, along with short history of each quilt. This book has already become collectible, and it will probably be harder and harder to get your hands on one. I only have five, so call or stop in soon to get yours. Katie has it on our website, as well, for those of you that are not nearby.

A must for any Quilt History buff is the new Vintage Quilts book by Maggie McCormick Gordon. They came in and went out of here in about a week, but I will be re-ordering them right away. Let me know if you want me to hold one for you.

If 30's quilts are your thing, this new book, Sugar Sack Quilts, by Glenna Hailey, has some great ideas for creating reproduction 30's quilts - some with a pretty contemporary look to them. Do you have a teenage girl on your gift list? One of these might be just the thing.
I am planning to start to thin out my book collection in the near future, particularly since I seem to have duplicates of several books (I know, it's hard to believe). I figured out how to do a label for my posts, so when you check back, look for the Quilt History and Collectible Books label. Most of these will not be on the website, since there will only be one of them. If you want one you can call me and I will hold it or mail it to you.

Thanks for understanding my obsession!
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment