Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Giving Thanks

It is hard to believe that Thanksgiving has come and gone already.  I hope you all had as pleasant a day as we did.  As most of you know, I am totally spoiled.  Tony does all the cooking, and even the pies - which used to be my department - are now delivered from a friend of Katie's who bakes amazingly!  I do still have the clean-up duty, but truthfully, Tony is pretty good about cleaning as he goes, so there is not a lot of the most nasty stuff - just plates and serving bowls. 

This year's feast was better than ever.  We say that every year, but there is nothing better than waking up in the morning to the smell of roasting turkey (yes, I sleep in, too - hate me if you wish). We were a little earlier than usual this year, since John had to get to work at Target.  It has been an hour or two earlier every year since he started there.  Sheesh!  Once the little ones arrived, it started to seem like the holidays were really here.  I don't know what we laughed about before, but it is amazing how a couple of little girls can keep a room full of adults enthralled.  Such fun!  I even managed to get a couple of hours in on my Lucy Boston Quilt.  I am working hard to get a corner finished before the Open House next week.  I would love to have some more of you join my English Paper Piecing Club - but I digress....

The real reason for the day was not forgotten.  Tony said a wonderful Grace before our meal, as always thanking for family, and of course for the troops that ensure the freedom that we have, and lastly a prayer for those that couldn't be with us.  These are the important things in life, but I have to add my own thanks - for you

Whenever I count my blessings, I thank God for leading me into this wonderful business.  I joke about every day being a slice of joy here at Pieceful Gathering, but in my mind, that is really true.  Where else can you go to work every day and expect smiling and happy people to show up - not only am I blessed with wonderful friends that come in and shop, but I have been especially blessed to have my daughter join me in this craziness, and the most amazing group of women that work with me.  It took me awhile to find my way here, but in looking back, I realize that everything I did up to now was preparing me for this.  God does have a plan, and sometimes you just have to wait to find out what it is.

Yesterday as so much fun -  I would rather slit my throat than venture out to the mall on the day after Thanksgiving, but here, it was like an all-day happy-fest.  New friends and old came by to shop our sale, or just to hang out and pet the fabric.  Our Black Friday Sale continues today - and for those of you that are far away, we will be happy to honor the sale to anyone that calls in an order and mentions the sale. 

Thank you all for making my life what it is today!

Carrie