For those of you in Sarah's Circle Sewing Club, I have come up with a setting pattern for you to use in our Signature Block exchange, if you wish. This setting could be used with any kind of sampler blocks. My cutting directions assume that you are using a 6" finished block, but it could be adapted fore any size blocks.
Our Signature Quilt ended up with 13 blocks, and this setting will use all of your blocks. Cutting directions are below:
Directions for this setting:
- Frame each block with strips that you cut 1 1/2" to finish to 1". If your blocks are not all finishing to 6 1/2", you may want to cut your strips a little bigger. Then trim the finished framed block down to 8 1/2".
- For the half square triangle blocks cut an 8 7/8" square in half diagonally.
- The star point blocks can be made from 8 1/2" strips using the Tri-Recs Rulers. If you have any questions about this, stop by and I will be happy to demonstrate.
- Cut the first border strips 1 1/2" to finish to 1".
- Cut the second border 3 1/2" to finish to 3"
- Finished size of the quilt is 48" Square.
I did the setting in grayscale so that you would each have to come up with your own color schemes. Have Fun!