Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Seasonal Samplings

Hello Pieceful Quilters!

I want to give you a tiny little sneak preview of what we have going on this week. We are all pretty excited about the projects we are planning to unveil, so I hope you can all make it to the demos.

I know a lot of you wait for Debbie to come out with her popular embroidered candle mats, so you will be pleased to know that she has a new winter design with a couple of cute snowmen in bluework embroidery. Here is a tiny picture to tempt you..... In addition to the candlemat, she has come out with a new quilt featuring four of the snowmen bluework squares. As usual, we expect these to go fast, so stop by or call in your order right away.
Katie has taken the next step in her wool obsession and created her own little candlemat designs. The are tiny little things - perfect for a votive size candle. She has a snowflake design and a heart design, just in time for Valentines Day. I am SO proud of her!

Jean Mueller has also designed another great tabletopper/wallhanging for Valentines Day. It is quick and easy, with fused hearts.
Deb Walker has also designed a cute tabletopper/wall hanging, too, just to make your decision a little more difficult. Perhaps you can keep one and give one as a gift!
As you may already know, our first idea for this FREE DEMO was to feature Renee Plains new pattern book, Gifts from my Heart. Stacie did one of the wall hangings using wool applique on pieced cotton. I am trying to talk her into giving it to me, but so far, no deal. It is really great!
I did one of the other quilts from the book:
I think you will really like it in the colors we chose. It doesn't look anything like the one Renee did - very pretty, but a little too phoofy for me. I think you will like our version, too.
I also talked Jean into making up a couple of the other small projects in the book - a jewelry pocket and a wristlet pin cushion - very cute!
There is even more - which, at this moment, I can't recall. Your best bet is to attend one of the FREE Demos - Tuesday at 6:30 or Wednesday at 10:30. It is sure to be fun!
See you there!
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment