Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Monday, July 5, 2010

Antique Schoolhouse Quilt

Hello Pieceful Quilters,

I want to share one of my current projects. Andover fabrics has reproduced the fabrics in the Schoolhouse Quilt shown below. The quilt is from the collection of the International Quilt Study Center in Lincoln, Nebraska:


IQSC Schoolhouse Quilt
Click on the quilt to visit their website

I ordered some of the fabrics from the collection, including the great fabric you see in the alternate blocks. It is hard to tell from the pictures, but the fabric really gives the quilt wonderful movement. Some of the fabrics are below - again, it is hard to see the detail in the pictures, but if you click on the pictures you get a better close-up view.

I am working on reproducing this quilt, and making it easier - as usual. Not quite sure which of my favorite methods I am going to use, but I will let you know as soon as I figure it out!

Happy Quilting!

Carrie

3 comments:

  1. Great quilt, can't wait to see your version. Like the fabric too. I will be in this week to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt and am wondering will you kit the quilt ?
    your right that blue alternate fabric is wonderful.
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete