Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Monday, November 16, 2009

Meet Sarah!

Hello Pieceful Quilters,

Meet Sarah, my GGGrandmother



We are starting a new club and I am so excited about it. It is named after my GGGrandmother, Sarah Phillips, and we will be doing our own designs based on antique quilts - some that I own, and some will be from pictures. The club will be lead by Deb, with some input from me, and we are already busy working on the samples for this session. Most of them will be designed to be little quilts, with an option to make them bigger if you want.

The first one is based on an antique doll quilt that is owned by Sandy Schweitzer. It is made with a lot of madders (I am getting some designs ready for my upcoming fabric line with Blue Hill Fabrics). I dug deep into my secret stash at the shop to find some wonderful madders that I had been saving for something special. The kits will be made up of a variety of madders and neutrals (and probably no two will be the same!). I have already finished my top, and I love it! You will have to come to the Open House on December 5th to see it in person.

Another quilt we are reproducing is a six-pointed star quilt that is set with triangles to make a star in a star pattern. I purchased the quilt in Paducah this year, and I think you are all going to love it as much as I do. We are going to learn Engish Paper Piecing in the club, but I will give you an alternate method to use, too. My quilt is set with double pinks, but Deb will do hers in another colorway. We will make it small, but you will have the option do do it as big as you wish! Maybe you will want to make it as big as my antique quilt!

We talked about other quilts too, and I know this is going to surprise you, but I really don't remember which ones we decided to do this session. We came up with so many different ideas - I think we have enough for the next several years! We are planning to try and cover a lot of different techniques, as well, that you can add to your quilting repetoire.

I know you are going to love this club as much as I already do!

Be sure to come to the Open House to get 10% off of your registration fees.

Piecefully Yours,
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment