Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Monday, November 23, 2009

Hexagon Quilt Update

Hello Pieceful Quilters,

Just in case you thought I had given up on my hexagon quilt, I thought I would give you a quick update. I am up to 18 rosettes now, with several more in the works. Here they all are.
I love the way they look when they are done. That is what keeps me going. I am actually looking forward to paper piecing the stars in the quilt I am reproducing for Sarah's Club. See post from November 16th. Who would have thought I would be having so much fun doing hand work?
That's it for now - Keep watching for the next Hexagon update!
Carrie

3 comments:

  1. Oh Honey.....that is a lot of work. Beautiful...wish it were mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do enjoy seeing the hexagon quilts that people are working on. I have the papers to start one but don't know when I will be able to take the time to start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a pretty darn large hexagon quilt pretty much finished piecing. I used hexagons that I cut from Stencil plastic, and it was extremely helpful. I highly recommend it! I created a full page of hexs on my 'puter, and temporarily spray glued the paper to the template plastic, and cut with a rag-quilt cutter. A little trouble, but worth it! I'll have to bring it in to show you, Carrie, and get some of those raffle tickets too!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete