Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Monday, September 14, 2009

Madison Show

Hello Pieceful Quilters,

I just wanted to share a small piece of the fun we had at the Madison Quilt Expo. If you weren't able to go this year, you will want to pencil it in for next year! It was a really nice show. Here is a picture of Katie and Vonnie before the show - our booth was almost ready - and we were pooped!

Anne Lullie had this interesting piece in the show. It is probably hard to believe that it is fabric - looking at the picture. This is her fusible applique method. Pretty neat, huh?


Our customer, Jodi Miller, had this beautiful Folk Art Applique quilt in the show. A closer inspection would reveal that almost all the fabrics were Pieceful Gathering fabrics!
Nice Work Jodi!
I don't have permission to display this quilt, but I don't think the maker would mind if I showed you a little piece of it. This is a closeup of a small section of a quilt made entirely out of Selvedges! How cool is that? Of course, my dream is that people will come into the shop and buy yardage of fabrics so that they can get the cool selvedge edges. Ha-ha! I won't hold my breath.

That's all for now - I have to write this week's newsletter.

Come in and see us!

Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment