Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Monday, June 1, 2009

Jo Club and More....

Hello Pieceful Quilters,

Yes - the corniness just never ends. If I get too nauseating, feel free to let me know.

I want to show you some of the cool things we have been working on in the shop. I get such a charge out of seeing my teachers design their own projects and come out with their own patterns. I feel just like a proud mother or something.

As many of you know, Jo Morton's next club is not quite finished yet. Somehow we always seem to be ahead of her. So, once again, we are filling the gap on our own. In the past we have done several things to fill in, and this time Deb has decided to create a few of her own designs using Jo's fabrics. This month's quilt is adorable:



Deb calls this quilt X's and O's. Can you see the O's? It looks even cuter in person. We have kits and patterns available for this cute little quilt.


Another new teacher with us is Jean Mueller. She has been designing for us for a little while, but now she is teaching, too. She did this month's patriotic demo, and the three quilts she designed are just wonderful. The first one was a free pattern handout for those that attended the demo, but you can purchase it at the front counter for $2.00. We have several kits left, and the pattern is included.


These next two are both included in the same pattern and kit. The smaller one (the second one - it's much smaller than it looks in the picture) is made from the leftover pieces of the large one. Such a Deal!


Finally, I have actually finished a little quilt and pattern myself! I used the Worn & Loved line, and I love the way it turned out. We have it in the frame we used for the last Lori Smith "Fit to Frame" quilt. We put together some kits, and the pattern is also available seperately. I called it Magic Carpet Ride:



We have a couple of other kits in various stages of completion, so stop by soon to see what's new!


Hope to see you soon!


Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment