Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Monday, December 10, 2018



Sarah's Sewing Circle News


We have so many things going on this year, I thought maybe it would be a good idea to have a place where I can post things you should know - especially with the holidays and snowbird season upon us. 

This month we will be having TWO holiday gatherings.  You can come to either one or both.  I just ask that you let me know if you are planning to come to the evening group so that I can call ahead to make reservations.  

The Evening gathering will be Before our meeting on Tuesday.  We will start gathering at Galati's Hideaway in Cary around 5:00.  That should give us plenty of time to have a relaxed dinner and get to the shop by 7:30.  The Day gathering will be After our meeting - those that are interested will go to The Brunch Cafe in FRG for lunch.  Everybody pays for their own.

I have been working on getting a head start on the little Nine Patch blocks for Pam Buda's Circa 1880 quilt above. Right now, I am just making regular 9-P blocks with 1 1/2" strips - since I have a rather large collection of these. Once we get the template in, I will trim them down to the correct size. Making them bigger will assure that I end up with the correct size.  I know - it is kind of a lot to trim off, but doing it this way requires less thinking, and I do have a ton of 1 1/2" strips that are already cut.  Of course, you can make yours any way you choose - as long as they come out to the correct size.  

In case you were wondering why it will be more fun to do this quilt in Sarah Club.....
Besides the obvious - we have more fun in general, you will have the advantage of being able to choose your own blocks out of the bin we will have at the club meetings each month.  We will also be making the bonus quilts that use the same little blocks:











You should also be working on your Mini Mystery Fibonacci Medallion quilt.  There is just one more border to go, and we will reveal our quilts at our first meeting in January.  You are welcome to attend that meeting, even if you don't sign up - but why wouldn't you?  I finally finished my center block - why do I always go overboard???  I am hoping to get at least partially caught up before we meet next week.  
There is one more quilt in the Yuletide Greetings pattern.  I still have to quilt the last one I did, too.  I will try to have that done by next week, too.  Ok - it could happen.  You aren't holding your breath, are you?  There are a lot of flying geese in this one.....
Tokens of the Past: Yuletide Greetings
I am always open to suggestions for quilts that you want to do next session - in our spare time!  I'm trying to come up with some simple and quick ideas!

After Later  -  Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment