Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Cotton Theory Workshop

Hello Pieceful Quilters,

As many of you know, we c0-sponsored a Cotton Theory Workshop last weekend with Vicki Madigan of Catalyst Career Group. As I mentioned in my newsletter last week, this method is pretty labor intensive, but you do get a really neat result. Here is my finished runner:


Yes, I know, it's hard to believe I actually finished something. It took me quite a while to get it done, but I knew if it went into the UFO pile (read that MOUNTAIN), it would never emerge again. I used Kansas Troubles fabrics from my stash, and they look so nice in my house, that I really wanted to finish this. I am pretty pleased with the result (from a galloping horse, anyway).

Here are some pictures from the retreat with all the happy quilters and their partially finished blocks:

The Whole Group - Teacher, Margy Weber is in the front row on the right. As you can see, some people got farther than others. There were sure some beautiful colors!
A few close-ups - Sorry if some are a little hard to see.


Vicki Madigan - having fun!

Blue & Whites - very pretty
Gotta Love the Patriotics!

Check out the purple boa - we all got one! Now that made the workshop worth attending!

More of the ever-popular Blue & Whites

You can hide, Alberta, but I still know it's you!

Alberta's sister, Susie, getting ahead!

More pretty color combos

And more....

Keeping Busy!

Katie & Jan
Thanks for sending us your pictures, Jan!

All in all, a great time. Stay tuned for details on more adventures with Vicki. She is planning another Cotton Theory workshop/retreat where they will do a tote bag. Sounds like fun!
Piecefully Yours,
Carrie