Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Monday, February 14, 2011

What's Happening!

Hello Pieceful Quilters,

Just in case you think I have been slacking, I want to fill you all in on a few things I have been working on! This should make you all feel better about your own UFO's!

First - I finally finished the never-ending triangle exchange project:


My Triangle Exchange Quilt Top - Waiting to be quilted....

And speaking of exchanges, here is my project (so far) for the upcoming strip exchange next week. I am doing the Courthouse Steps project from Edyta Sitar's book, Friendship Strips and Scraps. I am plugging away. I might even have a good part of it assembled!


Friendship Strip Exchange - my Courthouse Steps project

Continuing around the fabric dump that I call my sewing room, you will find my 1000 Pyramids project taking up most of my design wall. This is a charm project that I started when we did a charm square exchange in Sarah Club last session.


1000 Pyramid Charm Project

Moving around the room we will find a few more unfinished projects:


A Mini 9-Patch from a year ago - or so, some blocks from a guild Stack & Whack project that I hope to finish, Nine Pineapple blocks - a lot more are started - somewhere around here.....

A fairly organized stash (but I am not showing the overflow), and a few more UFOs that are hanging on the door.

Finally, my next two projects - the papers and fabric for the half-square triangle exchange we are doing in Sarah Club next week, and Alice's Washday Blues Quilt.


So - if you are feeling overwhelmed with your UFOs - this is just the tip of the iceberg. I have more in the closet, more in the guest room, and more in the basement.

Be sure to attend the Pieceful Auction - I will be purging a few more of my UFOs!

Happy Quilting!

Carrie

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous UFOs...every one of them! That's it...today I'm sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, I do say you beat me in the UFO department, but with your help I'm catching up fast. LOL Karen Schultz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. Fabric Dump! And I thought I was bad. I hide my UFO's (most of them, that is). JM from Huntley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am impressed with your stash! So tidy and beautifully organized by color. I have a lot of fabric creep (on the floor, moving out from the shelves) that I must attend to. And I am DElighted to see that you may have more UFO's than me! ;-D

    ReplyDelete