Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Few Pictures

Hello Pieceful Quilters,

We have a winner! Nancy Luehrs won the 2009 Pieceful Gathering Quilt Pink Raffle Quilt. Thanks to our great customers who came through at the last minute after I confessed that I had done a truly pathetic job of promoting the quilt this year, and bought enough tickets to double the amount we will be sending to the Susan G. Komen Foundation. We will be sending a check for $320.00 thanks to all of you!

Nancy Luehrs with her new quilt!

Yesterday, I worked during the Baltimore Album Club meeting. I was so exhausted from standing all day on Saturday that I decided to sit and stitch with them for a little while. Talk about a fun group! I just sat and giggled the whole time. I had to take a couple of pictures to share with you. They are working on a method called Papercuts, where they actually cut a pattern out of paper and use it to create beautiful applique blocks. Watching a bunch of women that are a long way from kindergarten trying to cut paper was amusing, to say the least. Here are my pix with captions:
"Are you serious? Where are my magnifying glasses? Does anyone have some sharper scissors?"

"Ta-Da, it's a snowflake - ok, so maybe it's a melted snowflake."

Of course, I am just making fun. The actual blocks are truly amazing. Stop by the shop to see Joanne's sample blocks.
That's all for now. Be sure to stop by and sign up for our Spring (Jan-April) classes and clubs!
Piecefully Yours, Carrie




No comments:

Post a Comment