Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Monday, December 14, 2009

Snow Pool

Hello Pieceful Quilters,

As you all know, I am insane. Just to prove it, here is a picture Katie took of me shoveling Route 14. It is taken through the window screen, so it's a little fuzzy, but that's me! Crazy as a loon.

Actually, I was doing it for your safety and mine. The wet slush and snow had formed a puddle at the end of our driveway, which would have turned into a nice skating pond if I hadn't gone out and cleared the drain. It worked great, and I am alive to tell about it!

Anyway, I decided it would be more fun to clear snow all winter if I made a game out of it (I have a little Mary Poppins thing going, don't I?). Hence, I have created the Pieceful Fat Quarter - Snow Removal Pool. Here's how it will work:

The pool will be based on the number of times I (or another Pieceful employee) have to go out and sweep or shovel snow. This can be more than once a day, so the number could get pretty high! So far, I have been out 5 times! We are going to start the pool at 20 and go up to 200. You can get into the pool by purchasing a fat quarter which will go into the Pieceful Snow Pool Pot. Each fat quarter will "buy" you half a square (20 - 200). The pool will end on Pieceful Auction Day, March 21st. (And hopefully that will also be the end of Snow Removal!) The winner or winners will receive all, or half, of the fat quarters in the pot (depending on whether there are one or two people on the winning square) PLUS - 100 Pieceful Bucks (if there are two winners they will each receive 100 Pieceful Bucks)! How's that for FUN! You can begin purchasing squares now - so come in soon to get your first choice of squares!

Good Luck!

Carrie (the head nut)

No comments:

Post a Comment