Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Monday, September 14, 2009

Vonnie Marie's Wedding Ring

Hello Pieceful Quilters,

I just wanted to quickly share one of our new kits with you. It is called Vonnie Marie's Wedding Ring. Some of you may remember it from our show. It is an antique top from around 1870. I purchased it from Mary Koval before I opened the shop. I knew I would never finish it if I quilted it myself, so I asked Vonnie to quilt it - knowing that her quilting was very good. She surprised me by having it hanging in our show, all finished and bound. Isn't it a beauty?


We have put together kits for the quilt using our reproduction fabrics, and I am working on a sample, but in the meantime - the antique quit works fine! Because Vonnie has put so much time and love into it, we have called it Vonnie Marie's Wedding Ring. The block is often called "Rolling Stone," but it is also known as "Wedding Ring." I copied the original maker's blocks exactly, leaving the corner square-in-a-square patches floating a little. This means you don't have to worry about matching up the points - hoo hah!

We didn't make up a lot of these kits, so come by soon or call if you want one.

Happy Quilting!

Carrie