Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop

Monday, December 15, 2008

Baltimore Halloween - The Real Story


Most of you know that I am not a big fan of Halloween. Not that I don't like it, it just seems a little weird to me that it has become such a big deal. Anyway - one of my favorite customers approached me (actually, I think she was on her knees), wanting us to have a class for this goofy Baltimore Halloween quilt. My first reaction was, "are you nuts? You know how I feel about Halloween." But then she made me look it up on line. I have to say, it is one of the most "interesting" quilts I have ever seen. If you look at it up close, you will see that each block has some kind of "double-take" aspect to it. Like I said, it is interesting. So - in a moment of weakness, I said we would do it if she could recruit several more nutcases to sign up. Go figure, it looks like it will probably go! In any case, if you do like Halloween, it will be a good chance for you to learn to do some beautiful work with Joanne, our applique expert. You will have a hard time finding anyone more accomplished in applique than Joanne, and this quilt isn't all that huge and overwhelming - it might be a good place to hone your skills before actually trying a real Baltimore Album quilt. Think about it - but don't wait too long! The first class meeting is January 4th from 3:30-4:30!